Bathurst Community Transport Group Inc (BCT) ran its first bus service in 1978. Funding was provided by the Department of Transport, Home and Community Care, and from local councils.
BCT offers a door to door service to eligible community members to get where they want to be, when they want to be there.
This program runs Monday-Friday, 7am-6pm (excluding public holidays).
The Group is overseen by an independent Board, drawn from various sections of the community.
Our office is open Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 3.30pm, and can be contacted on 6331 3322. We do have an answering machine to receive messages outside of office hours.
Bathurst Community Transport has two main streams of funding:
- Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) – Department of Health
- Community Program Funding – Transport for NSW
This funding enable us is to assist people who are:
- Older people experiencing functional limitations as a result of moderate, severe or profound disabilities.
- Younger people with a moderate, severe or profound disability.
- Carers of these people.
- Persons who are transport disadvantaged.
A door-to-door service is also available to individuals and groups to travel to destinations within Bathurst and villages, such as Sofala, Hill End, Rockley and Trunkey, and other places, such as Sydney, Orange and Lithgow. A subsidised taxi scheme (known as a CabCharge card) is also available to those Clients who are identified as eligible.
Services need to be pre-booked.