What can Bathurst Community Transport do for you?
Bathurst Community Transport has 3 main streams of funding:-
- Commonwealth Home Support Program – Department of Social Services
- Community Care Supports program – Department of Family Services
- Community Program Funding – Transport for NSW
- Frail older people with functional limitations as a result of moderate, sever and profound disabilities
- Younger person with a moderate, severe or profound disability
- Carers of these people
- Persons who are transport disadvantaged
- Such other classes of persons, as are agreed upon by the Commonwealth Minister and the State Minister
Bathurst Community Transport complies with requirements for the NSW Disability Service Standards.
Bathurst Community Transport (BCT) strives to enable the people of the Bathurst region to access and participate in their Community. We are able to do this with our fleet of modified (wheelchair accessible) vehicles, well trained staff and our valuable pool of caring Volunteers.
A door to door service is available to Individual and Group Transport is provided to the frail older people and younger people with disabilities who are unable to use public transport. Referrals can be made from the individual, the individual's family and friends, and other service providers.
Once a referral has been received the individual must then undergo an assessment by one of our Team Member to identify if the individual meets the target group, thus enabling them to access transport through the service. If however the individual is ineligible our Team Members will provide alternative suggestions and information for transport needs.
Bathurst Community Transport Group is able to offer a specialised service for Gold Card Veteran Affairs pensioners to access out of town medical appointments.
Greater West Area Health provides very limited funding to assist persons who need to access health care from public institutions in such places as Orange and the Sydney Metropolitan area.
Our office is open Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 3.30pm and can be contacted on 6331 3322. We do have an answering machine and if you wish you are able to leave a message on weekends or in the evenings.