What can Bathurst Community Transport do for you?
Bathurst Community Transport (BCT) believes that our Clients have the right to independence, to be able to get to where they need to go, want to go, or dream to go.
Bathurst Community Transport has two main streams of funding:
- Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) – Department of Health
- Community Program Funding – Transport for NSW
The funding is to assist people who are:
- Older people with functional limitations as a result of moderate, severe and profound disabilities.
- Younger people with a moderate, severe or profound disability.
- Carers of these people.
- Persons who are transport disadvantaged.
- Such other classes of persons, as are agreed upon by the Commonwealth Minister and the State Minister.
- The Western Area Local Health provides very limited funding to assist persons who need to access health care in such places as Orange and the Sydney Metropolitan area.
- Those who are living in the Bathurst Local Government Area, which includes Hill End, Sofala, Rockley and Trunkey.
Bathurst Community Transport complies with requirements for the NSW Disability Service Standards.
A door-to-door service is available to individuals and groups to travel to destinations within Bathurst and villages, such as Sofala, Hill End, Rockley and Trunkey, and other places, such as Sydney, Orange and Lithgow. A subsidised taxi scheme (known as a CabCharge card) is also available to those Clients who are identified as eligible.
The Bathurst Community Transport Group Inc ran its first Bus service in 1978. Funding was provided by the Department of Transport, Home and Community Care, and from local councils. The Group is oversighted by an independent community-based management committee and is an incorporated body. The committee is drawn from various sections of the community.
Our office is open Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 3.30pm, and can be contacted on 6331 3322. We do have an answering machine and if you wish you are able to leave a message on weekends or in the evenings.